Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thinking about our bate

So, I had the whole afternoon today to myself. And while I didn't masturbate (surprising, I know), I got to thinking about it. I wondered, "How many of us are open about our masturbation?"

I've always been quite open -- even back in college, when I said to my roommate on day one that I would most likely masturbate every day at least once. This freaked him out -- he was a religious fanatic who claimed only ever to have erections while he was in the actual act of heterosexual intercourse. Of course, we teased him mercilessly about this ridiculous statement.

But, really, how open are we? Do our closest friends know of our activities? Isn't it almost required that our friends know this about us, just as we would share our general sexuality with close friends, our likes and dislikes about food, drink, vacations?

Tonight I went for a beer here in Phoenix (I'm on business) and this guy started talking to me. He asked me what I was doing there -- I said that I just wanted to hang out a bit before I went back to my hotel to masturbate. One would have thought that I had suggested that he kill his own mother.

Most of my closest friends know of my masturbation habits -- I'm not beyond answering the phone and answering the question, "What are you doing?" honestly. Tell me: have you ever answered this way?

I challenge all my masturbation friends to think about this, and to tell a friend this week. You might have more of a kindred spirit than you know, or you might have the chance to show a close friend what this is all about.

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting premise. I don't think I've been totally open with anybody about masturbation since my cousin Chip taught me how when I was in fifth grade. Maybe my jack-buddy Jerry in junior high. Never had that openness in college – not even in a testosterone-soaked (and cum-drenched) fraternity house.

    Maybe that's why Bate Nation elicited such passionate feelings in its members: the honesty of it all. The "same boat" we were all in kept taking on more and more passengers – 3000+ before hitting the iceberg.

    I love that you told the out-for-a-beer guy. I would've totally opened up to you in the ensuing conversation. (And you'd've noticed my growing bulge as the conversation progressed.)

    Definitely want to take your challenge. But just who will I tell...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The part I didn" add about the out-for-a-beer-guy was that his next comment was that he didn't like to masturbate. Frankly, I found it hard to carry on a conversation after that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, I'm too much of a Southern boy and certain things are always left behind closed doors. Masturbation was one of those things I never talked about. Although in college, the subject would come up every now and then and the boys and I would joke around about the subject. In fact, we held a contest to see who could withhold masturbating for the longest. I surprisingly won.

    As throb919 put it, Bate Nation provided a great place for men to finally be open about pleasuring themselves. I now know there are people who enjoy bating just as much as I do and even more! I love having that community.

    ReplyDelete